Thursday, June 19, 2008

Tagged Again!

Christie tagged me again, so here are my answers:

Favorite person (outside family)?
Well, it depends on the day, but I'm constantly thinking about my husband, my mother, my father, my best friend Christie, my cousin Melonea and my friends Rosella and Jami.

Favorite Food?
I'd have to say Ward's chili dogs or a bologna sandwich (thick sliced bologna, fresh white bread and mayo). What is it with me and processed meat?!?

Quirks about you?
I think I'm a little OCD. I don't like to use typo shortcuts like "lol" or "c u l8r", so I type everything out properly. I also have this 'evenness' thing...like if I crack one knuckle, I have to try to crack the same one on the opposite hand; or if I clean under one fingernail, I have to do the same one on the other hand - it mostly has to do with my hands for some reason.

How would the person who loves you most describe you in ten words or less?
Goofy, silly, lazy, watches movies and tv too much.

Any regrets in life?
Not recognizing the sacrifices my parents made for me while they were being made.

Favorite Charity?
American Cancer Society, A Better Way Ministries (Moss Point, MS), ASPCA

Favorite Blog recently?
Christie's

Something you can’t get enough of?
Food, attention, rest, money, etc., etc., etc.

Worst job you’ve ever had?
The Williams job in Hendersonville/Nashville...I was bored, didn't want to do the work, had to clean the bathroom after about 20 men in order to use it myself, worked with a man who smoked cigars incessantly in an enclosed office (I eventually put a fan in his office window) - and there was a "no smoking" sign on the door, I didn't enjoy the town that much (though I didn't really try - no offense, Nashville), etc.

What job would you pay NOT to have?
A file clerk. I detest filing.

If you could be a fly on the wall, where?
If I were an actual fly, I'd probably want to be living in some nice pig pen somewhere. Otherwise, I'd want to be in the room when they decide who, besides me clearly, will be getting these teaching jobs. There is apparently something I need to learn.

Favorite Bible verse right now?
Almost always has been Psalm 23.

Guilty Pleasure?
Reality shows like Rock of Love and Flavor of Love

Got any confessions?
Are you kidding?!?

If you HAD to spend $1,000 on YOURSELF, how would you spend it?
I'd either buy a Blu-ray DVD player or maybe have $1k worth of liposuction done.

Favorite thing about your house?
It's mine, I feel safe and hidden in it, and it's in my hometown.

Least favorite thing about your house?
It's a trailer...I wish it were a house.

One thing you are bad at?
STAYING self-motivated

One thing you’re good at?
Singing

If you could change something about your circumstances, what?
I'd have a job, we'd be moved to a GREAT city but would live out in the sort-of-country (in a house!), and we'd be debt-free.

Who would you like to meet someday?
I wish I could have known my grandfather when I was an adult. I don't remember him, but there's just something about him in my mind... I'd like to meet someone who would make a fantastic president of the US.

What makes you feel sexy?
When I feel like I'm having a 'skinny day'.

Who is your real life hero?
I dunno...My husband probably sets the best example of overcoming incredible obstacles in life while still keeping his nose toward heaven, bettering himself, and moving forward. My Mom has accomplished so much in her life and set a great example as a professional woman. My father has set a great example of following your heart and doing exactly what you want to make your life better.

What is the hardest part of your job?
The times when there isn't much to do. I get bored.

When are you most relaxed?
In the evening after dinner when I'm lying on the couch, watching TV or a movie, and I'm thinking I should be heading to bed soon.

What stresses you out?
Talking about money with my husband or thinking about my dissertation project.

What can you not live without?
Okay, I'll go along with the air conditioning thing, too. Also, some kind of pet/animal interaction...I miss that a lot when it's not there.

Do you agree or disagree with the recent article that reported that blogs are authored by narcissists?
Well, since I've not read many of them, I can safely say that I don't think I've read any narcissistic blogs.

Why do you blog?
It's Christie's fault! I don't do it that often, but it's a good way to flush stuff out and look at it.

No comments: