Thursday, February 21, 2008

Are You A Frugal Shopper Or A Big Spender?

I was tagged by Christie (again!) and asked to answer the following questions.

The directions given were: "How much did you spend on the following items the last time you purchased them and what brand(s) did you buy?" Here are my answers.

Lipstick
Dollar store brand (Everything's a Dollar) pink lip gloss $1.00

Shoes for Yourself
Black ballet flats with sequin bows and black heels, both from Payless $25.00 total

Bread
Wonder Light $2.73

Movie Ticket
Atonement matinee $6.75 <-- isn't this NUTS?!?!

Television
Sony 32" Trinitron AND an RCA 36" flat screen $55.00 total at the state auction

Take-Out Meal
Sushi and edamame at Wahada $15.00

Hairspray
Big Sexy Hairspray ~$10.00

Underwear for Yourself
Lane Bryant bras on sale, Buy 2 get 1 free, I think. But I paid with a gift certificate, so they were technically free to me...otherwise, they would've been around $50 total, I think. I pretty much only buy underwear with gift certificates from Lane Bryant.

Gift for Your Spouse
Either a pair of WalMart Levis for $4.50 or a Valentine's card for around $3.00...can't remember which came last

Bottled Water
Voss 'still' $2.99

Hotel Room
I can't remember the last time I stayed in a hotel room... :-\

Frozen Dinner
Smart Ones Creamy Rigatoni with Broccoli and Chicken $1.72

Clothing For Your Child
No kids, so I guess this would have to be the WalMart collars for the cats from goodness-knows-how-many years ago...no idea the price

Jeans for Yourself
Well, before the free ones I got as hand-me-down Gap jeans from another student, it would have to be the ones I found at America's Thrift Store for probably around $5.00

Kitchen Utensils
I haven't purchased a kitchen utensil in years, but I received a Hamilton Beach dispenser-type coffee maker a couple of Christmases ago...then again, we bought an off-brand microwave for the hubby to use on the road at the Salvation Army for about $15 I think.

Bubble Bath
I don't take baths, so no bubble bath. If I wanted to take a bubble bath, I'd just use shampoo.

OTC Medication
WalMart brand robitussin $5?

Shoes for Your Spouse
I don't buy shoes for my spouse unless he just doesn't have his debit card with him.

Haircut for Yourself
Regis $36.00 with tip

Scented Candle
Darsee & David's Butterscotch Sundae from Hobby Lobby on sale $5?

DVD
Catch Me If You Can from WalMart $5.50

Dry Cleaning
Lord...I think I was living in Bloomington, IN. It's been too long...can't remember.

Shampoo/Conditioner
Dove Moisturizing $4?, and Big Sexy Hair Big Volume Conditioner $7.25

Barbeque Sauce
Bullseye BBQ $4?

Book
I'm a public library girl, and I get them on CD. If music counts, I just ordered a used Elijah score for about $8.

(I think it's pretty clear that I'm a frugal person on most everything. How depressing.)

Yes, you guessed it. If you're reading this, tag, you're it!!

No comments: