Wednesday, September 12, 2007

ALREADY?!?

I just happened to see a man in a Santa suit on television the other night, and oh my goodness, am I ready for the holiday season to arrive! Since then, I've been sniffing for the coolness in the air (though in southern Louisiana, it ain't here yet!), craving spice cookies, soups, stews and chilis, humming Christmas music, wondering about what to get or make people for Christmas gifts, and wanting to redecorate in red and green! Aaahhh!! That was quick! The weather-people are predicting a cool snap near the end of this week, regardless of the fact that it will happen during the evening with lows in the 60's instead of 70's while the highs remain in the lower 90's during the day...bleh. But cool weather in any form, especially now, is incredibly welcome and will probably put me right over the edge. My prediction is that in the next week, I will have my first Christmas gift purchase. (This will be my usual first gift purchase of a special ornament for my best friend, Christie.) I hope and pray that this holiday season will be a great one because when I get "the bug" this early, I usually have high expectations when the time gets here. So, Merry Christmas, y'all!

1 comment:

Our Red Thread Journey said...

Thanks for posting on Jill's blog. Macie is beautiful. Now, if you'd only post on mine....