Thursday, August 09, 2007

Knock, Knock...Who's There?

We had an interesting night last night. In fact, we've been having interesting nights randomly for the past few months.

Background...We have three cats, and apparently they are making "friends" we don't approve of. They like to fight each other through the windows, and this includes knocks and bangs from both sides of the window as well as lots of growling, hissing and screaming that, at 3:00a.m., frankly, scares the poot out of me when I'm in a dead sleep.

Well, last night, the visitor arrived while my husband was just about to go to sleep. (I was still up cleaning the kitchen if memory serves.) All of a sudden, I hear this loud thump and the sound of breaking glass! I quietly stick my head in the bedroom, hoping it's coming from another apartment, but no. I find my husband hanging halfway out of the bed looking towards the window.

You see, it's been our practice to slap or knock on the window to scare the visiting cat away, but this time the window had had enough. Yep, my husband broke the window. This precipitated a big clean-up and window-taping session, and God only knows how long it took my husband to fall back asleep.

Thankfully, we were able to find someone to replace the glass today, but truthfully, a part of me would've loved to see the look on that stray cat's face when it jumped up on the layers of sticky-side-out packing tape that were there last night, and its paws were momentarily frozen in that "time to get frisked for doing something bad" pose.

No comments: